Saturday, January 24, 2009

red HANDS diary

Bob has all the footage and is working like a motherfucker to get it into shape. He's posting it on a webpage so Ed and I can check it out and make notes. I just saw about two minutes of scene 11 and it's looking good, it's looking real.

Netflix has a contest right now and the first prize is like $300,000 to make a feature. I'm going to send them what we've got and let them know that for that money we can make at least 3 features and they can kiss my ass if they're more interested having more shitty super 16 indy bullshit to fill their warehouses with.

Re-watched Killing Zoe last night. Now there was a movie with balls. So economically shot and edited. Roger Avery I guess is serving life for some drunk driving manslaughter beef. Oh well, at least he got to make Killing Zoe first, a torch Red Hands will proudly grab before it hits the cold wet earth.

Just finished a couple books on Fassbinder and I think I almost understand why I've only liked a couple of his movies. It seems to be a German thing. That's groovy. I really like his appropriation of the old Hollywood studio system, how he twisted it around and used it against big money and stupidity.

Can't wait for the first official Mongrel party, probably the first week of February. Obama is in office, big stupid stores like Circuit City are going out of business, trite local bourgeoisie movie critics like Ella Taylor are getting fired, Sundance is tanking; change is in the wind and it's powering the sails of Red Hands. We're a cinematic pirate ship and if you're not down then walk the fucking plank.

No comments:

Post a Comment