Saturday, February 28, 2009

red hands diary

Having the first Mongrel party tomorrow night at the amazing location where we shot the first two episodes of Red Hands. It's pretty out of the way and I don't expect turn out to be great, but I do feel like it has to be at this location. There's just too much mojo not to. It'll be a good symbolic kick off. Hopefully the photographer will be there and maybe we'll even get some video footage. And of course it'll be great to watch everyone watch the episodes.

Three thousand per episode. This is what I think it really has to be. Kim came up with a budget for the rest of the shoot that's around eighty-grand. That's too much. If we get blessed with winning one of the contests I've entered, or get alterna blessed with a deep-pocketed investor then, like, no problem. If I have to go around raising the rest of the money myself and being totally grass roots then we have to think much smaller. Shit, I'm working for free. Ed's working for free. This isn't about work=$, this is about something else. That's the mindset. It will get figured out amongst the tribe.

It looks like I'm going to Maine to do a seminar on outlaw moviemaking in April. This is cool. I'll be at a very hip little college, and if I can get students interested I also want to make a group-movie that night with their equipment. I was telling all this to my new Hollywood writing partner and he suggested I do similar stuff out here. Why didn't I think of that. Environmental moviemaking in L.A. Right now I'm thinking I'll try stuff out in Maine and then come back here and play with what I've learned.

Speaking of Hollywood, I'm working on a new big horror thriller and will use the money I make if it every gets sold to finish doing Red Hands. How glamorous would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment