Saturday, July 11, 2009

red hands diary


Had an official DRH LLC meeting last night where the collective talked about how we want the website to try to make money. We all agreed that all the versions (both of them) should be available on a LIBRARY page of the website, and that on the main page we'll have several episodes that we change every couple of days. Instead of charging people for watching the episodes we're gonna try to cash in with ads. I like this. It follows the network TV model and the rock and roll band model. We'll have ads on the website and we'll sell episodes to ad-based interenet TV networks. What's crucial then is we need to really create buzz and get an internet marketer on board who'll plug like crazy all over the net... Following the rock and roll track some more we also decided that we could really use some corporate sponsorship. Niall said he was able to hook this up for a fanzine he worked on back in Chicago, back in the day. Once we have a finished feature we'll put together a "package" and go for it. I have no idea how to lure corporate sponsors so I guess I'll learn as I go. We all agreed that best way to get anyone, corporate or otherwise, to the site was just to be really fucking cool. People look for and try to connect with shit that's really cool. We are really cool, and we're sexy and fun, and I still think having parties is a critical tool for getting people involved and spreading the word. I keep hitting a wall with this myself so I'll just keep putting it out there that DRH is looking for a party promoter to help us get things started in the downtown, Echo Park, Highland Park, Silverlake, Los Feliz, Hollywood area. I know it'll happen, and when it does, it's going to be huge and sick.

Tomorrow I travel out to Palm Desert to meet with a prospective internet marketer and also plan the huge premiere launch party, which should be really cool - robots, lasers, one thousand mad desert artists and moviemakers... I'll keep you in the loop about the where's and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment