Thursday, May 21, 2009

SPIRITEUR diary

So it looks like the new mongrel movie is going to be called SPIRITUER.

It's a post-modern ghost story that I've been working on, on and off since I got out of grad school. It was originally set in Maine, but after going out to the high desert a couple months ago I became inspired to change it to that location.

It's a very disturbing and powerful story, sort of old school b/c there's not blood or gore. But at the same time it's very explicit and new school, especially the way I constructed the narrative.

I sent a draft of the script to the Red Hands gang and based on their reaction I did the rewrites to change the location and scale it down to make it more guerrilla friendly. I'll finish these revisions this weekend and send it out again.

We could do shoot it in about a week up in Joshua Tree and Palm Desert, for about a grand, if we play it smart. Looks like most of the gang is interested.

I'm very interested. This is a story I've been trying to tell for a while. It looks like the lonely ghost is finally getting born...

No comments:

Post a Comment